Comment on page
Handling a Guest's Suspicion of Bed Bugs
Meeting a customer coming forward with a bed bug suspicion
When a guest expresses concerns about bed bugs, it's important to handle the situation with care and conduct a thorough inspection to alleviate their anxiety. Here's how you can approach the conversation with the guest:
- 1.Assure the guest: Inform the guest about the hotel's Valpas system and the protocols in place to address such concerns. Explain that every room is protected 24/7 by the system, and if any bugs are introduced, the hotel personnel will be promptly notified.
- 2.Gather details: Ask the guest about their recent travels and the places they have visited. This information will help you assess the likelihood of bed bug exposure and determine the appropriate course of action.
- 3.Provide information: Explain to the guest that bed bug symptoms may not be immediately visible and can take a few days to appear. Inquire empathetically about the reasons for their suspicion.
- 4.Reassure the guest: Assure the guest that the hotel takes such matters seriously and will conduct a thorough inspection of their room. Emphasize that the situation is under control and will be resolved promptly and professionally.
After the conversation with the guest, follow these steps:
- 3.Inform the guest: Once the inspection is complete, communicate the results to the guest. If bed bugs are found, assure them that the necessary measures will be taken to address the issue and ensure their comfort and satisfaction.
Remember to approach the guest with empathy, understanding, and professionalism throughout the process to maintain a positive guest experience.