Room inspection checklist
Full checklist to have a successful room inspection
- 1. Check all Valpas bed legs for bed bugs.
- 2. Inspect sheets and bedding for blood or fecal stains. Make sure bedding is intact and not changed by housekeeping when inspecting for a customer suspicion.
- 3. Remove sheet and mattress pad, inspect all corners of the mattress and box spring.
- 4. Inspect along edging, seams and labels of the mattress and box spring.
- 5. Use flashlight to look in the crack between the wall and the headboard. Inspect the area behind the headboard carefully. Inspect the headboard from top to bottom.
- 6. Flip over box spring, remove any dust covers and inspect the bed interior. This is a prime location for bed bugs. Bed bugs are usually found in foundation joints and corners.
- 7. Inspect furniture around the bed paying attention to cracks, crevasses, seams, joints and screw holes. Flip them over and inspect beneath.
- 8. Empty nightstands and dressers, examine inside and out and the tip over to inspect the woodwork beneath.
- 9. Check around edges or perimeter of the room. Look at the edges of baseboards and carpet. Pull up carpet along the edges.
- 10. Look carefully around areas people spend time resting or sitting idle such as recliners and couches.
- 11. Inspect luggage racks thoroughly.
- 12. Inspect behind frames hanging on wall.
- 13. Inspect lamps and electric devices.
- 14. Inspect ceiling corners and wallpaper seams. 15. Inspect around door and window frames.
- 16. Inspect curtains and drapes.
- 17. Inspect power sockets.